CONTENTS - Deposits and dates
|Australian Gold 2019 - a professional development course for geoscientists in the minerals industry. The itinerary will include:|
| • a selection of the most important gold deposits across Australia,
|| • most of the significant styles of gold mineralisation found in Australia,|
| • deposits from Archaean to Neoproterozoic to Palaeozoic in age,
|| • deposits spread across the continent from New South Wales to|
Victoria to Western Australia in both the Yilgarn and Paterson.
Participants will be able to take any 2 or more days, up to the full 7 days of the tour, as suits their budget, availability and interest.
|Deposits on the itinerary include:|
Click on deposit name link for geological summary
• Cowal - low to intermediate sulphidation epithermal, quartz-carbonate-base metal-gold deposits in the Ordovician Macquarie Arc of central New South Wales,
Mon 4 November, 2019
• Northparkes - alkalic porphyry Cu-Au deposits hosted by an Ordovician shoshonitic volcano-intrusive centre of the Macquarie Arc, 100 km NE of Cowal,
Tue 5 November, 2019
• Fosterville - high grade, orogenic gold deposit hosted by Ordovician turbiditic sedimentary rocks of the Lachlan Orogen, near Bendigo in central Victoria,
Wed 6 November, 2019
Archaean Yilgarn Craton, Eastern Goldfields Superterrane, Western Australia
• Kalgoorlie Superpit at Fimiston - a single orogenic gold mineralised system hosted by Neoarchaean greenstones, Australia's largest gold deposit,
Thu 7 November, 2019
• St. Ives - Invincible - a major distributed cluster of orogenic gold deposits in a Neoarchaean greenstone sequence,
Fri 8 November, 2019
Neoproterozoic Paterson Orogen, NW Western Australia
• Telfer - vertically stacked stratabound quartz reefs and stockworks of gold-copper mineralisation hosted by domed Neoproterozoic sedimentary rocks,
Sat 9 November, 2019
• Travelling, Pilbara to Perth
Sun 10 November, 2019
Archaean Yilgarn Craton, Southwest Terrane, SW Western Australia
• Boddington - a Neoarchaean, structurally controlled, intrusion-related gold-copper stockwork, lens and vein deposit in southwestern Western Australia,
Mon 11 November, 2019
Requests have been lodged for visits to all of the deposits listed above. All have now given formal approval.
|Register Interest in OzGold 2019|
and receive a Brochure and Registration form.
This tour is to be run as a pre-conference field trip to the major NewGenGold 2019 Conference in Perth, Western Australia on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 November, 2019. You must register separately for the conference. To do so, click here.
Porter GeoConsultancy Home
| More on This Tour
| Other Tours
| New Tours
For more information contact:
T M (Mike) Porter, of Porter GeoConsultancy
This tour, is being designed, developed, organised, managed and will be escorted by
T M (Mike) Porter of Porter GeoConsultancy Pty Ltd.
Porter GeoConsultancy Pty Ltd|
6 Beatty Street
LINDEN PARK, 5065
Telephone: +61 8 8379 7397
Mobile: +61 422 791 776