Last International |
Click on image for details.
|Big discount all books !!!|
HARD COPY -and- eBOOKS
No single hard copy book more than AUD $44.00 (incl. GST)
e-BOOKS also discounted
Volume 2 - West Africa
- Destination Africa: New Frontiers, New Mineral Exploration Opportunities; Foster R P - 1999, in
African Mining: Exploration and Investment Opportunities Conference, Perth, Australia: 16-17 November, 1999, AJM, Sydney, 11 p.
- The Precambrian of Africa; Petters S W - 1991, in
Petters S W - Regional Geology of Africa, Lecture Notes in Earth Science Series, Springer-Verlag, pp 8-20.
- The West African Shield; Attoh K, Ekwueme B N - 1997, in
de Wit M J, Ashwal L D (Eds) Greenstone Belts, Clarendon Press, Oxford, pp 517-528.
- The Early Proterozoic Birimian Supergroup of Ghana and Some Aspects of its Associated Gold Mineralization;
Leube A, Hirdes W, Mauer R, Kesse G O - 1990, Precambrian Research, 46 (1990), pp 139-165.
- Geology and Geochemical Patterns of the Birimian Gold Deposits, Ghana, West Africa:
Dzigbodi-Adjimah - 1993, Journal of Geochemical Exploration,, 47 (1993), pp 305-320.
- Gold Mineralization in the Ashanti Belt of Ghana: Genetic Constraints of the Stable Isotope Geochemistry;
Oberthür T, Mumm A S, Vetter U, Simon K, Amanor J - 1996, Econ. Geol., 91 (1996), pp 289-301.
- Mineralogical Siting and Distribution of Gold in Quartz Veins and Sulfide Ores of the Ashanti Mine and Other Deposits in the Ashanti Belt of Ghana: Genetic Implications;
Oberthür T, Weiser T, Amanor J, Chryssoulis S L - 1997, Mineralium Deposita, 32 (1997), pp 2-15.
- Age Constraints on Gold Mineralization and Paleoproterozoic Crustal Evolution in the Ashanti Belt of Southern Ghana;
Oberthür T, Vetter U, Davis D W, Amanor J - 1998, Precambrian Research, 89 (1998), pp 129-143.
- Damang; Anon - 1999, in Register of African Gold 1999/2000, pp 88-89.
- Discovery and Development of the Damang Gold Deposit, Ghana, West Africa; Marston R, Woolrich P - 1998,
in Facer R A (Ed), 1998 - Exploration & Mining in Africa, Australian Institute of Geoscientists, Bull 21, AIG, Sydney, pp 63-75.
- The Damang Gold Mine, Two Years On; Hatch D, Marston R - 1999, in
African Mining: Exploration and Investment Opportunities Conference, Perth, Australia: 16-17 November, 1999, AJM, Sydney, 13 p.
- Tarkwa Anon - 1999, in Register of African Gold 1999/2000, pp 105-106.
- The Tarkwa Project; Wright A J - 1997, in
World Gold '97, Singapore, 1-3 September, 1997, AusIMM, Melbourne, pp 189-197.
- The Proterozoic Paleoplacers of the Tarkwa Gold Mine, SW Ghana: Sedimentology, Mineralogy and Precise Age Dating of the Main Reef and West Reef, and Bearing of the Investigation on Source Area Aspects;
Hirdes W, Nunoo B - 1994, Geologisches Jahrbuch, D100, pp 247-311.
- A Case Study of the Teberebie Project; Ainoo S - 1990, in
Barning K (Ed), 1990 - Symposium on Gold Exploration in Tropical Rain Forest Belts of Southern Ghana, Minerals Commission, Accra, Ghana, pp 112-119.
Note: Teberebie is along strike from Tarkwa with the same geology and in the same host unit.
- Geology and Exploration of the Iduapriem Project; Netherway D G, Pertzer B A - 1990, in
Barning K (Ed), 1990 - Symposium on Gold Exploration in Tropical Rain Forest Belts of Southern Ghana, Minerals Commission, Accra, Ghana, pp 130-134.
Note: Iduapriem is along strike from Tarkwa with the same geology and in the same host unit.
- Fluid Inclusions in Quartz-pebbles of the Gold-bearing Tarkwaian Conglomerates of Ghana as Guides to their Provenance Area;
Klemd R, Hirdes W, Olesch M, Oberthür T - 1993, in Mineralium Deposita, 28, (1993), pp 334-343.
- Obuasi; Anon - 1999, in Register of African Gold 1999/2000, pp 99-100.
- Gold Mineralisation at the Ashanti Mine Ghana: Preliminary Mineralogical and Geochemical Data;
Oberthür T, Vetter U, Schwartz M O, Weiser Th, Amanor J, Gyapong W - 1991, in
Ladeira E A (Ed.), Brazil Gold '91, Balkema, Rotterdam, pp 533-537.
- The Geology of the Prestea and Ashanti Goldfields: A Comparative Study; Appiah H, Norman D I,
Boadi I - 1991, in Ladeira E A (Ed.), Brazil Gold '91, Balkema, Rotterdam, pp 247-255.
- The Ashanti Gold Mine at Obuasi in Ghana; Oberthür T, Vetter U, Mumm A S, Weiser Th, Amanor J,
Gyapong W, Kumi R, Blenkinsop T - 1994, Geologisches Jahrbuch, D100, pp 31-127.
- Structural Geology of the Ashanti Gold Mine; Blenkinsop T, Mumm A S, Kumi R, Sangmor S - 1994,
Geologisches Jahrbuch, D100, pp 131-153.
- Ore Textures and Paragenesis of the Prestea and Obuasi Gold Deposits in the Ashanti Belt of Ghana: An Ore Microscopic Study;
Mücke A, Dzigbodi-Adjimah K - 1994, Geologisches Jahrbuch, D100, pp 167-199.
- Exploration Strategy and Applications at Ashanti's Obuasi Operations; Cox J A, Amanor J A - 1999, in
Journal of the South African Institute of Mining & Metallurgy, pp 123-137.
- Yamfo-Sefwi; Anon - 1999, in Register of African Gold 1999/2000, pp 108.
- Discovery Case History for Yamfo-Sefwi Gold Mineralisation (Ghana); Bird D, Sylvain J-P - 1999, in
New Generation Gold Mines '99, Case Histories of Discovery, Conf. Proc., Perth, Nov, 1999 AMF, Adelaide, pp 151-161.
- Morila; Anon - 1999, in Register of African Gold 1999/2000, pp 128.
- Randgold Resources' Mali; Anon - 1999, in Mining Magazine, May 1999, pp RSA12-15.
- Joint Announcement by Anglogold and Randgold Resources, 5 April 2000, Press Release, 5 p.
- Sadiola Hill; Anon - 1999, in Register of African Gold 1999/2000, pp 128-129.
- Socio-economic Impacts at Sadiola; Anglo American Corp - 1997, in
Mining Environment Management, March, 1997, pp 7-9.
- Sadiola Gold Mine - Mali, West Africa; Cantello G - 1999,
Notes for a presentation at the AMF Pacific Gold '99 International Study Tour, 1 p.
Return to TOP
Porter GeoConsultancy Home
| More on This Tour
| Other Tours
| New Tours
| About AMF
For more information contact: T M (Mike) Porter, of Porter GeoConsultancy (email@example.com)
This was another of the International Study Tours designed, developed, organised and escorted by T M (Mike) Porter of Porter GeoConsultancy Pty Ltd (PGC) in joint venture with the Australian Mineral Foundation (AMF). While the reputation and support of the AMF contributed to the establishment of the tours, after it ceased trading at the end of 2001, PGC has continued to develop, organise and manage the tour series.
|Porter GeoConsultancy Pty Ltd|
6 Beatty Street
LINDEN PARK 5065
Telephone: +61 8 8379 7397
Mobile: +61 422 791 776.