Global Geology & the World's Mineral Deposits
|The services provided by Porter GeoConsultancy are based on the experience of:
Investigations over the last fifteen years have included:
- A Bachelor of Science degree with Honours in Economic Geology at the University of Adelaide, Australia, conferred in 1969.
- Over 40 years in the industry, including 27 as a geologist with one of the world's leading mineral exploration companies, CRA Exploration Pty Limited (merged with RTZ in 1996 to become Rio Tinto), culminating in the position of Chief Geologist for 10 years.
- Experience over much of that period in both direct field exploration and in project management.
- Conceptual work, based on visits to ore deposits and mineral provinces around the world, and subsequently applied in extensive project generation in a diverse range of geological terranes and commodities.
- The establishment and maintenance over a six year period of a major world class exploration information & database system for CRA Exploration.
- Visits to more than 500 of the world's significant ore deposits in North & South America, Africa, Eurasia & Australasia.
- Compilations covering many of the world's major mineral provinces, based on both field work/visits and on extensive literature research.
- Copper metallogeny of the South-west Pacific Archipelago,
- Evaluation of the mineral potential & generation of exploration targets in Madagascar,
- Evaluation of the non-sulphide zinc potential of southern Australia,
- The zinc potential of Brazil, followed by project generation,
- The geology, major ore deposits, and distribution of mineralisation along the North American cordillera,
- The geology and mineral deposits of the Central Asian Republics and adjacent Russia,
- The gold deposits of Ghana and adjacent West Africa,
- The geology and mineral deposits of northern peninsular India,
- The geology and mineral deposits of Southern and Central Africa,
- The geology and mineralisation, of Brazil and neighbouring South America.
- The Lubin copper deposits in Poland,
- The sediment hosted copper deposits of the World,
- The Noril'sk - Talnakh nickel-copper-PGE deposits of Russia,
- The geology and reserves of the major zinc deposits of the world.
- Project generation in Queensland, Western Australia, New South Wales and Tasmania.